Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Winter Beets
I can’t get enough veggies and when it comes to fresh, organic Brussels sprouts and winter beets, our family loves to enjoy them roasted as a dinner side, tossed in pasta, in a salad, and/or even with a tofu scramble for breakfast. If you’re not Vegan, you can also serve them with grilled meat, chicken or fish and they’re great hot or cold!
The salad below includes the recipe above for “Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Winter Beets.” Once the roasted veggies are prepared, measure out 2 cups of the veggies and place them in a large bowl. Add a few cups of arugula and diced walnuts to the bowl. Toss with a squirt of lemon juice (or balsamic vinegar), a bit of extra virgin olive oil, freshly ground black pepper, and garlic salt.
- 2 red beets, peeled and diced (or cut into half moons)
- 2 golden beets, peeled and diced (or cut into half moons)
- 1 bag of Brussels sprouts – cut in half or quarters
- 1½ c. sweet potato shavings
- extra virgin olive oil
- Italian Seasoning blend (or Herbs de Provence)
- garlic salt & pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place all cut veggies in a large bowl and drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil over veggies.
- Add in seasonings and mix well.
- Drizzle and spread a little extra virgin olive oil over a cookie sheet.
- Place veggies out on the cookie sheet making sure they are not overlapping.
- Roast veggies in the oven at 425 degrees F for 20-25 minutes until a little soft, crispy and golden.
- Serve immediately as a dinner side (or chilled in a salad).
©Maryann Ridini Spencer, SimplyDeliciousLiving.com