Here’s a great pasta dish you can make in under 30 minutes that uses all fresh, organic ingredients. My beautiful and talented niece, singer/musician/songwriter SEE, a Vegan, mentioned that she makes pesto substituting the cheese in the recipe with avocado. My husband and I live on an avocado and citrus orchard, and since I’m always looking for recipe ideas using avocado, my niece’s idea was the source of inspiration for this yummy dish!
- 1 pound spaghetti pasta cooked to package instructions (wheat or gluten free pasta)
- 1 white onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and diced
- 8 ounces of jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 avocados (meat scooped out)
- 2.5 T. extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ c. fresh basil
- freshly squeezed juice from 1 lime
- ⅓ c. Chardonnay
- garlic salt
- red chili pepper flakes
- shredded Parmesan Romano Cheese
- In a large pot, boil the pasta to package directions.
- In a skillet on the stove top, sauté the onions and garlic in 1½ T. olive oil until slightly golden.
- Add in shrimp. Mix and sauté for a few minutes.
- In a Cuisinart, add the scooped avocado meat, 1 T. extra virgin olive oil, fresh basil, ½ freshly squeezed lime juice, Chardonnay. Blend. Set aside.
- When pasta is done, drain.
- Place pasta back in the pot, add in the avocado mixture and shrimp, onions and garlic. Toss.
- Add in garlic salt and red chili pepper flakes to taste.
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan Romano Cheese. (optional)
© 2015, Maryann Ridini Spencer, SimplyDeliciousLiving.com