Curried Lentils & Hummus Wrap (PBS-TV, VenturaCountyStar.com)
In my new novel, “Lady in the Window,” (SelectBooks) my main character Kate Grace loves to frequent The Plumeria Café (a fictitious café found in the book and on my blog at SimplyDeliciousLiving.com) located in beautiful Hanalei, Kauai. Here’s a recipe that’s a favorite on the menu and great to enjoy for lunch or dinner!
- 1 c. lentils (pre-cooked to package instructions)
- ⅛ tsp. ground organic cardamom
- ¼ tsp. ground organic ginger
- ½ tsp. organic garlic salt
- ¼ tsp. organic ground turmeric
- 2 tsp. organic curry powder
- 1.5 c. mix of diced onions and red, green and yellow peppers
- 1 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 c. power greens (mix of kale, spinach, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and cabbage)
- Roma tomatoes
- organic lavish wrap
- organic extra virgin olive oil
- Middle Eastern Hummus (Search: “Middle Eastern Hummus” recipe at SimplyDeliciousLiving.com)
- TOPPING (Optional):
- Search “Avocado Yogurt Dip” recipe at SimplyDeliciousLiving.com
- Drizzle a bit of organic extra virgin olive oil into a skillet on the stovetop.
- Add in pre-cooked lentils (previously cooked to package instructions).
- Add in spices and mix.
- In another skillet over low heat, drizzle olive oil and add in peppers and onions and sauté until soft and slightly golden.
- Place cooked lentils in a large bowl and add in lemon juice.
- Spread hummus over lavish bread slice and top with some lentils, a bit of the onion and pepper mix, some power greens, and some Roma tomatoes.
- Roll the lavish wrap tightly and cut in half.
- Serve with Maryann’s Avocado Yogurt Dip (optional).
Click here for Middle Eastern Hummus Recipe Google+