Warm Spinach Salad with Egg, Rosemary Potatoes & Dijon Vinaigrette
This is a delicious salad to enjoy for lunch or dinner. I like to use it when I have leftover Rosemary Potatoes. If you’re vegetarian (make it using a vegetarian bacon substitute). If you’re Vegan, use a vegan bacon substitute and instead of eggs grilled tofu!
- certified organic canola spray
- 1 c. chopped “no hormone/antibiotic free” bacon (For vegetarians: use vegetarian style bacon)
- 3 T. fresh chives, diced
- dash of garlic salt and pepper
- 1 package fresh, organic spinach leaves
- 4 certified organic, free-range or pasture raised eggs, hard-boiled, sliced and cooled
- SDL's Rosemary Potato Recipe (See below or at https://maryannridinispencer.com/?p=1904)
- certified organic extra virgin olive oil
- SALAD DRESSING:
- 1 T. organic Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. organic sugar (or 1 ½ tsp. organic honey)
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 4 T. organic red wine vinegar
- ½ c. certified organic extra virgin olive oil
- ROSEMARY POTATOES PREPARATION:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a cookie sheet with olive oil.
- Wash and dice 4-5 red potatoes.
- Place potato slices onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle garlic salt, pepper and ¼ c. fresh rosemary sprigs over the potatoes.
- Bake potatoes in oven at 375 degrees F for approximately 20-25 minutes until potatoes are tender and golden brown. Turn potatoes while cooking to make sure both sides are cooked. Set aside.
- While potatoes are baking in the oven, cook and dice bacon.
- Hard boil eggs, cool and slice.
- In a large bowl, add in spinach leaves, cooked bacon, potatoes.
- SALAD DRESSING PREPARATION:
- In a large bowl, add in mustard, sugar, pepper and vinegar.
- Slowly dribble in oil and whisk.
- Heat dressing to warm (not cook!) before plating.
- Place spinach mixture on a large plate or bowl.
- Place slices of hard-boiled egg around the salad.
- Top with warm Dijon Vinaigrette dressing.
- Serve immediately!
©2011 – Maryann Ridini Spencer